Maybe you’re one of the people who can’t live without music. And maybe you know Deezer, where you can listen to music for free, streamed. How can you show what is currently playing there, in your Current Media info in Windows Live Messenger? To set it up, follow this how-to.
- Enable “What I’m listening to” in Messenger.
- Open the contact list.
- Click the small arrow next to your personal status message.
- Check the item “Show what I’m listening to”, if it is unchecked.
- Install the add-on “DeezerMSN” for Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart Firefox, and go to Tools > Add-ons.
- Choose “DeezerMSN” in the list, and click “Options” to set up what should be shown as your media info.
- Go to Deezer, and start playing any song you like. Then watch the Music info appear in your Messenger!
PS: If you are wondering why the Messenger notification looks a bit different… consider browsing my post about the Sopair skin for WLM 2009 Beta.