Windows Live Events is a Windows Live service enabling users in Windows Live Spaces to share and plan different types of Events happening around them while collaborating with other services such as Windows Live Calendar and Windows Live Spaces. In 2010, Windows Live Events is going to retire, and existing data will be removed. This is the first of a series of decisions to be made according to one of the core principles for Windows Live Wave 4, the next version of the Live services, stating: “Simplify!” The Windows Live team announces:
We’ll be retiring Windows Live Events and allow you instead to plan and manage social events all in one place through Windows Live Calendar. […] In 2010, we’ll retire Windows Live Events entirely. At that time, you will no longer be able to get to any of your old events, and you won’t be able to download and save old event photos and videos.
How-to: Back up your existing Events and associated data
- Go to http://events.live.com/ and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- Click View your events at the top of the page.
- Click the event you want to save photos from. and then click the Photos link on the left side of the event page.
- Select the photo album that you want to save, and then click More at the top of the page.
- In the More dropdown menu, click Download, and then click Download with Photo Gallery.
- Select the photos that you want to save, and then click Download.
- Click the SkyDrive link on the left side of each event page.
- Select the Documents folder.
- Click the specific file that you want to download.
- Click Download, and then open the file or save it to your computer.