Service Pack 2 Release Candidate is now available for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. There is a 32-bit standalone installer (388 MB), as well as a 64-bit installer (614 MB). Contained languages are English, German, French, Japanese and Spanish. The additional ISO image contains all versions of Service Pack 2 RC.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Release Candidate has the build string 6002.16670.090130-1715. This service pack follows the tradition of bundling all updates and hotfixes that have been published since Vista was published; and some new functions are added, as well as support for new standards.
Improvements in Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Support for Bluebooth 2.1
- Possibility of burning Blu Ray media
- Integration of Windows Connect Now
- exFAT File system supports UTC timestamps
- Support for VIA 64-bit processors
- Enhanced application compatibility
- Patch against WLAN issues after stand-by
- Integration of Windows Search 4.0
- Improved RSS gadget
- Enhanced code for less crashes
- Service Pack Clean up tool
- More understandable / more useful error messages
The Service Pack RC is the last beta before the Final is released, already in April, according to some rumors.
Additional information is available on the Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 Beta Customer Preview Program (CPP) pages on Microsoft TechNet.
Source: Diestelberg, M. (2009, March 4). Windows Vista SP2: RC ab sofort für jedermann. WinFuture.de. Retrieved 3 March, 2009, from http://winfuture.de/news,45623.html