As mentioned in an earlier post, Windows Live Events is entering its first retiring phase today. This means that from today on, you will not be able to create new events. Existing events can be exported until 2010. The Windows Live team says:
Starting in early September, 2009, you won’t be able to create new events using Windows Live Events. You’ll still be able to access and edit your existing events until 2010, and we encourage you to save your photos and files from your existing events before then.
How-to: Back up your existing Events and associated data
- Go to http://events.live.com/ and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- Click View your events at the top of the page.
- Click the event you want to save photos from. and then click the Photos link on the left side of the event page.
- Select the photo album that you want to save, and then click More at the top of the page.
- In the More dropdown menu, click Download, and then click Download with Photo Gallery.
- Select the photos that you want to save, and then click Download.
- Click the SkyDrive link on the left side of each event page.
- Select the Documents folder.
- Click the specific file that you want to download.
- Click Download, and then open the file or save it to your computer.