The Windows Live team has published an instant update for the web file storage Windows Live SkyDrive.
Omar Shanine, Group Program Manager, SkyDrive.com, announced:
Starting today, we are launching a new version of the SkyDrive website. We took advantage of modern browsers and HTML5 to make SkyDrive faster, easier to navigate, and more beautiful for viewing photos.
Some of the new features include:
- New layout, look and feel, and site architecture
- SSL enabled on all authenticated pages
- Clean urls (removed most of the junk from the URLs)
- SkyDrive can now be pinned to your Windows 7 taskbar with jump lists (IE9)
- Header now says SkyDrive
- What’s new feed for docs and photos removed
- Upload file size limit now 100MB
- Moved to edge-to-edge layout to take advantage of larger screens
- Reduced size of header to give more room to your content
- Brand new photos experience
- HTML5 video playback
- Thumbnails generated for H.264 Video
- CSS3 Transitions for albums and 1-up view
- Photo album thumbnails now “pulse”
- Thumbnails generated for all photo sizes (previously limited to 5000px)
- Support for aspect ratio thumbnails (including panorama)
- Icons for PDF filetypes
- Recent documents includes more items
- Open in Office Client from SkyDrive now gives you the option to install Office 2010 trial using Click-to-Run technology
- Performance improvements to the Office Web Apps in IE9
- Details view now supports touch
SkyDrive groups now appear in the left nav giving you one click access to Group content.
In a future post, I will highlight some of the new features in the all-new Windows Live Skydrive, Wave 5 (16.0).