While you work with your Office apps, Word, Excel and the likes take note of how you are using them. In regular intervals, Office is transmitting these usage data to Microsoft — for enhancing the usability, they say. Details about application crashes and occured errors are just a subset of all data that is sent.
You would rather not want to submit these data? You can turn that off.
- In any Office application, click File, Options.
- Open the Trust Center.
- In the Privacy section, uncheck the following options:
- Connect to Office.com for updated content when I’m connected to the Internet.
- Download a file periodically that helps determine system problems
- Sign up for the Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Click OK to confirm your changes.