You’re getting the error code 800706ba when you try to sign in to Windows Live Messenger Wave 4 Beta? The fix is easy — you have to start a system service. This is how it works:
- Close the Messenger sign-in window.
- Press the shortcut
Win+R. The Run dialog appears.
services.msc, and press OK.
- If prompted, grant your consent by clicking Continue.
- In the Services list, search for the Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant service.
- Double-click it, and set the Startup type setting to Automatic.
- Press the Start button, then close the window by clicking OK.
- Close the Services list, and retry to sign in to Messenger.