Myriads of people from all over the world are complaining about Facebook’s newest work. The reason? Without asking the users and without any announcement, the social network has updated all users’ profiles. Facebook has hidden the real e-mail addresses and inserted their firstname.lastname@example.org. But you can undo this forced change with some simple steps.
- First, sign in to Facebook.
- Now open your profile by clicking your name in the top bar.
- Next, click on “Update info” next to your profile picture.
- Scroll down and find the “Contact Info” box.
- In this box, click the “Edit” button.
- In the Facebook e-mail address row, switch the far-right dropdown to “Hidden in timeline”.
- Instead, set your real e-mail address to “Visible in timeline”.
- Last, apply your correction by clicking on “Save”.