If you have problems downloading Windows Live Messenger correctly, your computer might not meet all necessary requirements. For downloading and installing Messenger, your PC needs to have:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32 bit only), Windows Vista (32 or 64 bit) or Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit).
- Processor: 800 MHz (0.8 GHz) minimum
- Memory (RAM): 128 MB minimum (256 MB or higher recommended)
- Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Web connection: You need to have a dial-up or broadband Internet connection (e.g. DSL, ISDN).
- Display: Screen resolution 800×600 pixels or higher (1024×768 recommended)
- Hard disk space: 50 MB free space for installing Messenger.
If that doesn’t help or you get an error code, please leave a comment or enter your 8-digit error code at http://www.bing.com/ .